The goal of this project is to develop cellulose structures as aqueous suspension adhesives for bonding cultural artefacts made of wood.
- Lead school Bern Academy of the Arts
- Institute Institute Materiality in Art and Culture
- Research unit Conservation Techniques
- BFH centre BFH Centre for Wood – Resource and Material
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration 01.01.2019 - 31.12.2020
- Project management Dr. Thomas Geiger
- Head of project Dr. Karolina Soppa
Eidgenössische Materialprüfanstalt EMPA
Gebert Rüf Stiftung
Course of action
Restorers from the Bern University of the Arts HKB and wood researchers from Empa, the Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology, are working together to systematise wood adhesion, to simplify decision processes by creating an appropriate toolbox, and at the same time to develop a more environmentally friendly material and reduce the use of products in restoration practice that are hazardous to one’s health.