Would you like to take a course at Bern University of Applied Sciences? Then apply now. By applying online, you’ll be kept up-to-date at every stage of the process.
If you have missed the registration deadline, the head of the relevant study programme will be happy to inform you whether subsequent registration is possible.
Please submit the following documents in electronic format and as appropriate for your educational background (passport documentation: PDF/images: JPG):
- ID or passport*
- Passport photo according to international passport requirements* (Photo guidelines)
- Diplomas and leaving certificates (e.g. vocational baccalaureate/specialised baccalaureate with grades, university entrance qualification, Abitur or upper secondary level qualification)
- Swiss Federal Certificate of Proficiency with grades
- Employer reference and/or internship certificate
- Curriculum vitae
Other documents may be required depending on your chosen programme and educational background, for example:
- a portfolio of work samples
- residence permit (if you’re applying from abroad)
If you’re applying for a master’s degree programme, you must submit the certificate for your first degree (bachelor’s or equivalent qualification), as well as a transcript of records.
Online Registration Form
Switching from another university
Students who are already matriculated at another university and would like to switch to HKB have to discuss this possibility with the Head of Studies of the degree programme they are interested in. The Head of Studies will decide on their admission. In this case, please state in the “Comments” section at the end of the online application that you are switching universities and may enter a higher semester.
Should you decide to withdraw your registration, you can notify us of your decision by e-mail. A verbal withdrawal of the registration will not be accepted.
For the autumn semester: 15 June
For the spring semester: 15 December
The form for taking a leave of absence or exmatriculation as well as an information sheet on deadlines and procedures for withdrawals / exmatriculation / leave of absence can be found under Downloads.