Using innovative visual means, the pilot study Bodeneigenschaften und Bodenqualität visualisieren (Visualisation of soil properties and soil quality) is promoting communication between experts and laypeople for the Soil Competence Centre.
- Lead school Bern Academy of the Arts
- Additional schools School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
- Institute Institute of Design Research
Environmental Communication Design
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 01.08.2019 - 30.09.2020
- Project management Arne Scheuermann
- Head of project Prof. Jimmy Schmid
Dr. Armin Keller
Course of action
To this end, the Institute of Design Research of the Bern University of the Arts HKB is working closely with those who have commissioned this study. The study itself is divided into four stages: 1) Analysing successful models and comparing their requirements; 2) Prototype development; 3) Test usage and interviewing representatives of potential target groups; and finally, 4) reworking and finalising the prototypes once they have been evaluated.