Community arts, arts for social change, artivism are just a few terms that describe projects whose desire is to change the world with and through art. The CAS Social Arts enables cultural practitioners to work outside the established art world in different social contexts and to realise participatory, transformative projects in collaboration with non-artists. The combination of social engagement, intercultural work and artistic competence requires an interacting artistic practice that enables cultural participation and a multifaceted, democratic understanding of culture.
This degree programme:
- is aimed at professional artists of all disciplines who want to realise artistic, participatory and transformative projects with people from different social classes, age groups and backgrounds.
- gives students an introduction to theoretical, practical and organizational aspects of social arts projects.
- enables in-depth insights into structures and development of existing projects through project research.
- makes working methods practically tangible by means of the joint study trip to London with numerous project visits.
- offers the opportunity for extensive networking and opens up prospects for localization and application in Switzerland with an individual project outline
- Degree/Certificate Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS)
- Duration 8 months
Teaching days first block of class instruction: Thursday until Sunday
further days of class instruction: Friday and Saturday
Study trip 5 to 6 days
- Application deadline 4th June 2023
- ECTS credits 15 ECTS-credits
Costs Tuition fee: CHF 5750.00
Registration fee: CHF 250.00
(plus travel and accommodation costs for the study trip to London)
- Teaching language Study language German, English skills are required
- Location Hochschule der Künste Bern
- School Bern Academy of the Arts
- Next info event Tuesday, 4th April 2023, 7p.m. (online)
- Next session September 2023 until April 2024