Would you like to take a course at Bern University of the Arts? Then apply now. By applying online, you’ll be kept up-to-date at every stage of the process.
According to your previous education, you should have the following documents available in electronic form (passport photo: JPG / remaining documents: PDF). No document should exceed 1 MB.
- ID card or passport
- Passport photo
- A diploma qualifying you for university studies (such as Matura from a Gymnasium, "Berufsmaturität", "Fachmaturität", Abitur)
- A CV in tabular form
- A personal statement about your motivation for these studies and for your professional aspirations
- Copies of all relevant report cards
- Confirmation of your previous work experience (internships)
For foreigners, in addition:
- Residence permit (if available)
If you were already matriculated at another university:
- A confirmation of your exmatriculation
- Your diploma and/or a transcript of records
If you do not yet have one or more of the required documents, please state why in the Comments section.
The work documentation has to be sent directly to the Division by post:
Bern University of the Arts
Division Conservation and Restoration
The work documentation should demonstrate in word and image what professional or private work has been done, preferably with a concrete example from artisanal or artistic practice. Important criteria for assessment are independence, precision and accessibility of the documentation.
Who has professional experience with conservation and/or restoration, should submit documentation adhering to the usual standards in this field. If collective work is submitted, the personal input should be declared.
This documentation will be assessed as part of the aptitude test. There is no prescribed scale or structure. On the basis of the documentation, we hope to see if applicants are able to document complex processes in a way that is understandable for others.