Structure + Content
Artists of all stripes join together in CAP, where they share a focus on the question of artistic identity. Ours is the only programme in Switzerland to divide studies into the areas of Fine Arts, Sound Arts, Literary Writing and Literary Translation and Performance Art. We draw from both national and international networks. The degree programme is unique to Bern University of the Arts (HKB) and has produced countless graduates who have established themselves on the art market.
By the end of the programme, you will:
- be equipped to define your own artistic position;
- be familiar with the current art discourses and will be able to situate your work within;
- have skills that are indispensable in today's art and culture sector with its fluid professional profiles, such as thinking and acting at the interfaces of artistic fields and disciplines, personal responsibility in project work, collaboration and reflection skills;
- acquire collaborative approaches and transdisciplinary communication skills;
- understand the social and political relevance of artistic work;
- be experienced in presenting your artistic practice to the public and professional audiences alike;
- enjoy a professional network of artists, organisers and facilitators;
- be acquainted with the many forms of artistic research.